Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Kent Narrows on saturday after going out on Catman's boat in the morning. I saw other using cut bunker without any weight and were catching rockfish. I tried it as well and caught about 5 or 6 but they were all small. I saw one or two keepers caught this way. I tried bottom fishing with bunker but only caught one. I tried frozen peelers and bloodworms with no success. Once night came I castnetted some minnows and proceded to use those with a lighted bobber. I was catching with this outfit throughout the night. I saw others using lures with little success. I didn't start catching with lures until about 1:30 in the morning. The action was the slowest I've seen this year with lures. Usually you can catch with small lures throughout the night but last night was unusually slow with lures. All fish I saw that night ran from 6-17 inches and I caught around 50. I also saw some shad being caught, I caught one with a minnow and saw three others caught. What are these fish doing here? I stayed until 4:00 in the morning, mostly talking to other anglers and exchanging fishing stories. Even though I didn't end up with any keepers, I still had a great time catching. Until next time.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Cut bait?

So what, they were just floating the cut bait in the current? The fish starting hitting the Storms at low tide? Errr, I wonder if it's worth a trip tonight...we'll see....Tightlines

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Glad you got into some fish. My son did ok on the boat being that it was confined but he wouldn't of let me get any fishing in at the narrows with all that room to run around in. You stayed out there pretty late, was anybody else out there that late?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually the current never really started running hard. The bait was sinking to the bottom and they were just picking it up and running. There were some people out when I left. Actually the fish that were caught on bait were caught during the day. There was a person who tried cut bait all night and only caught one mud toad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts