Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as said Romancoke pier gone, but......

The Jetty all but roof under water, Fishermans, RedEyes, the Narrows, Annies and most business now properties surrounded by water. Along 50 reports that boats up and grounded next to 50, major portions of route 18 under water. Route 50 major mess, and many roads on island closed due to high water. Route 8 south torward Romancoke pier flooded and shut down until early afternoon. Many areas of my community not accesssable due to water. Live about three blocks from the bay, but came close to being an owner of "waterfront" property, but only ended up with "waterview". House held, most trees held, but limbs and shingles all over the place, but still consider myself LUCKY!

Now, I'm off tomorrow, and will be looking for a place to fish. Grapevine has it that AI made out okay, but won't believe until my 4 wheels feel the sand (sounds like a roadtrip to somewhere).

Hopefully all were as fortunate as my family.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Shaggy...Glad you and your family came through the 'cane alright. I was thinking about you guys Thursday night. I feel for those who suffered damages and losses but those things can be replaced, people can't. Hope you get some pullage and put something in the cooler.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wll Cat, seems like you made it through and have electric, we lost ours for about twenty hours, and with two teenagers, it was almost as bad as Isabel. Give us a boat report when you get a chance to check her out. Hope all is well on that front, Annapolois took a tidal pretty hard. Everbody else make it through the ordeal alright?

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Shaggy...I moved the boat over to the Bay Bridge Marina Wednesday morning and had her hauled by North American Marine Group. She's high and dry. Good thing because my pier over by Annapolis was under 4' of water. I'm probably going to leave her there until next weekend. Don't want to chance hitting any junk in the water bring her back across the bay.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Island jaunt:

Well seen it with my own eyes, or to be more factual, didn't see. Romancoke pier is gone. Matapeake is fine and has fisherman trying thier luck. Later today heading towards the Narrows and see if accessable. If so, I'm wetting a line or two (or to be like Jason, ten or eleven).

;)

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bay from community looks NICE, some debris, but not alot. Figuring Narrows is allright, and high tide looks to be around 1pm so I'll be heading out shortly.

Welcome to join it's on the way to the Tank. I'll be under the bridge west side, last exit before bridge, left, left and then right into parking lot. Look for cream Jeep. If that's bad, always have community area on the bay to try. Have bunker, will travel. :cool:

·
Registered
374 Posts
shaggy,
please post the conditions at the narrows when you get back. i might stop by this evening if it's fishable. thanks. :)

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Joey, pack youe gear

Thanks Anthony and Jason for making the drive to join me. The Narrows is alive and well, snapper blues, perch and FL got him (uh me) a keeper striper. Plenty undersized stripers, but it's nice to wet the line and have something on the other end. Run Joey run, high tide around midnight I think. :D

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Fishing was much better than expected. We caught a bunch of dinks and 5 keepers, 18, 20, 20, 22, 25. Threw back all but the two largest. Shaggy got one and I kept the other. Me and Jason weren't planning on keeping anything but we couldn't throw back a fish that nice. Seems like the fishing has gotten the kick it needs to get the action going. Thanks Shaggy for showing us the ropes.
-Anthony

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Nice catch Warriors. What was the bait of choice for the rock and did you get them on the incoming tide? Any special techniques you'd like to share?

Catman.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Catman we were getting them on cut spot and peeler crabs. They were absolutely tearing the crabs up. Anthony caught 3 doulbles of rock and one double of rock/blue. We also caught 2 keepers on bucktail jig. It was a great night being that we weren't thinking we were gonna catch anything.:D

·
Registered
374 Posts
shaggy,
thanks for the reply, fishing was good lastnight. all the dinks you can catch and one released keeper for me. some topwater hits but no hookups. subsurface action was too hot to work the surface lastnight. :D

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Yeah I was surprised that the fishing was gonna be so good. I would have brought my cooler if I knew the fishing was gonna be so good. I scooped up crabs along the pilings, including some jumbo soft shell crabs that I used for bait since I wasn't planning on keeping anything, that we were cutting up for bait. The fish were hitting that aggresively. We tried chicken but only ended up with small blues. The cut spot that I brought from last week was working ok, Jason's rock was caught on that. The bloodworms didn't seem to get any bites at all. During the day, all fish were taken on bottom rigs, but at night, the fish were hitting lures. The big rock though was caught at night on cut crab. A nice 25 incher that was around 5-6 pounds, a nice fat fish. Most of the fish caught were slim but looked like they were healthy.
-Anthony

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hey Joey what time did you get out there? We left around 1115 pm. Still looking to meet up with you and do some narrows fishing!:D

·
Registered
374 Posts
FL,

Got there after 9 and left shortly after midnight. I was on the east side. Was that you standing on the concrete by the small bridge? Reading your report, I'm sure we'll meet up soon. ;)

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yup that was most likely me. After I caught a few fish, a few other people came around and so I moved to the other side of the small bridge. That little area can get crowded with 2 or more people throwing lures.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts