Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went out today and wandered around outside of Cape Henry looking for bigger fish. NADA

Decided to try some light tackle stuff and came inside the 1st Island and got some dinner in the cooler. Quit around sunset. On the way in we wanted to look at the burned out condos so we ran down the bridge until about 1/4 mile off of the beach then turned east.

I look near the bridge and think I see a guy in a green kayak head on. But NOOOOOOOOOO it was a guy in a float tube about 1/4 mile off of the beach. And I thought that kayakers out there in this cold water were nuts. Sorry if it was one of you guys. I don't mean to hurt your feelings but what if the wind starts taking you out into the bay. I got about 50 yards away and asked if he was OK (or did I wave) he waved back I left.

Did see about a dozen people fishing inside Lynhaven. I gave them as much room as I could and no one said bad things to me, etc. I hope somebody did better than me. I decided that they need two more channel markers at the end of the crab creek channel. If they put them in the right place the boaters can kick out into the middle of the basin as soon as they get to the end of the sandbar and avoid some of the potential conflicts.

Tom

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Well Tom you are probably right on the markers.
And that guy in the float tube I hope made it back.

Oh thanks for the advise on the Lee pot. Now I need to get a good source for lead. Sims wanted to sell me tire leads.

And Good work last night. I wish I had been able to getther earlier(son's bath).

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Yup, there's a couple of guys who do the float tube thing this time of year.

And last time I was back, I saw something new: a dude on a surfboard with his fishing rod paddling out.

Whoever you folks are, you have some stones. :jawdrop:

·
Registered
389 Posts
I've mentioned the float tube deal to a couple friends I fish with and the wife. They think I'm nuts, but if the bay is smooth and you got flippers and some oars I think it would be a blast! Oh ofcourse they had to mention the shark attack at night bit, sheesh it was just an idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts