Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you say you have purchased a BOAT? Good that should take some of the pressure off the drum at the point.
You might want to ask Ryan and T. wheeler about their recent boat trip in the sound. I didn't know a man could swim so far pulling a capsized boat. I am glad to say they made it home and are ok.
Bob S

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yes indeed. a 24' Pathfinder. Tried to buy here but saved enough by buying from a dealer in north florida to more than pay for the trip.

Have been going out with a friend ,neighbor and native . we have caught big drum near the area that you mention. Specifics on the net no way Jose. Saw it happen a couple of years ago, and several people bought boats just to fish that area.
We have caught fish every night that we go out, be it puppies yearlings, or old drum. They are there when the wind is right and bait is around.

Summer surf fishing here is ok, but am tired of riding the beach to find a place to fish amongst the hords of people down here. And the Point, haven't fished there in many years with crowds. Dead of winter certainly. But after digging a 4 oz. hopkins trible out of my leg during a fat albert blizt, its time to move on and let the morons have it, damn shame.

Like I said before call when you get down, and I will definitely see you in Oct.

·
Registered
797 Posts
save some room...

k-yom, who are you kiddin, you will be back on the beach. if nothing else obx weather will see to it. and guys do not go makin plans that don't include me. save some room on that dingy for me.

ralph

·
Registered
193 Posts
Spring, winter, and fall, probably. Summer maybe from sun-up to 9.00 am. Have been places on the sound without the crowds as the beach once used to be many moons ago. Solitude nothing like it.
You will not backcast off my boat. But looking forward to showing you and Bob what I mean. Break 700' this weekend and give me something to practice for, come Oct. Good luck friend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts