Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I geuss i should introduce my self too . I also been surfing the net for a home close to home .I'm a diehard pier angler I might have met some of you guys at matepeake my home pier .
later Dre' :D

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Welcome Andra, where do you go walleye fishing,I've caught walleye on the upper Potomac on sassy shad.I hear the big Rock are hitting blood worm at matepeake pier c&r only,some of the guys are talking about going this weekend and try their luck again.I fish the Choptank in late summer and fall, in April you would see me at Point Lookout pier at nite.TRIGGER :D

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hey trigger, do you have good luck at PLO? I have been there before but not fishing. When I went I think they were charging 5 bucks a head and I decided not to pay. Last year Axon and I had fished the Pax NAS but was thinking of trying PLO.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
FL-The 5 bucks is to get into park,what you have to do is get there after they leave which is around 6:00pm. The best fishing time is 8pm that's when the fish start biting till late,you might not get the spot you want, but I've always caught fish on the left side(facing the causeway)about 4-6 lights up,but you have to go at nite! The last two weeks of April is when the Big Crocker are abundant(bait is squid)on a high/low rig,9'-10' rods are the choice. :D :D

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Thanks for the info Trigger. Squid is definitely the bait of choice down that way. That is the bait we use most at the PAX too. We may have to try it. If we do we will let you know maybe we can meet down there.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yeah Trigger but see I am on the Medical Corps side :D

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Trigger
I have pick up some nice walls just north of chain bridge on char grubs. There's some nice walls in front of the brigton dam too. I might just come down to matepeake saturday .I can't wait for those horses to show up too.
later Dre'

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Gravy job as long as your in the states,I did a little ground pounding but my main job was door gunner(chopper)VN.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Andra- Brigton dam where is that.I caught mine 5 miles above Great Falls with a bunch of smallies on char sassy shad and an over cast day,good day.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Trigger
off MD route 650 near brighton
triadelphia reservior which seats on the howard and montgomery counties line . great fishing in the reservior walleyes, tiger musky, crappies, lm and sm bass, white perch, northen pike, and alot of sunfish .
I hope this help
later Dre'

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I live on the other side of Briton Dam(Howard Co.)about 5 miles from the lake.I grew up in Monkey Co.(Montgomery) and know the lake pretty well and have walked half of it in my time(younger times). But now this time of season I like to fish (freash) trout and wait till the Crocker start to show up and than it's back freash water trout in late fall in southern Va.(Biggins) :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts