Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read the Va Pilot fishing report.....

Striper fishing is on the verge of going to the next level, with more and more fish showing along the coast.

A large school of fish was found off the Virginia Beach Ramada Inn last week, and many fish were caught off Cape Henry. Rockfish are also getting much bigger on the average.

Smelly kinda fishy @ the Ramada.

Thinkin' of soaking some eels.

Let ch'all know how I did.

Gimme a PM if any1 wanna meet up @ the INN.

anothe tid bit from the Pilot:
Piers and surf: A few red drum still could be available along the barrier islands of the Eastern Shore, where big stripers have started to show.
A New Jersey surf fisherman registered a 48-15 and a 42-5 from the surf.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I guess the next level would be actually catching some keepers. As far as improving for me personally, it can only get better because there isn't much room to go the other way. Good luck if you go & post the results either way.

·
Registered
162 Posts
nsearchfordrum

i tired a few eels at the ramada last week. no luck. hopefully this is good and valid news from the pilot. good luck and let us know. i might see you out there tomorrow.

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
NS4D,

Going to the next level would be from almost non-existent to something a little better:p

Easy for ol'Lee boy to say such as it's a given that fishin' gets better at this point (and it's over due). Begin to wonder if he is in touch w/the recent lack of local fishery for us boatless/non-Tuna catchin' types.

Whatever and don't get me started :barf:

Get ya some at the next level,

`bucket

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Yea I believe its true, the buzz on tidalfish is that people are starting to catch big fish that have lots of sealice on them which would indicate the very recently came from the ocean

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
Rockhead,

Heard same regarding TF types getting some ocean going Rock. Unforetunately, that hasn't done me any favors from the beach so far :(

Need to ho my way out back onto the Bay :D

Go ho or stay on the beach,

`bucket

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ol' Lee Boy

'Bucket.....don't get me started.......Think remeber posting something in the lines of someone not knowing what a fish was if it jumped up and smacked him with its tail......

Life sucks to an extent to us boatp-impaired lead chuckers....but if Mamma was right in saying,Patience and hard-work will pay off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts