Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so my dad, his friend and i set out to juno at around 4:30 am expecting to catch some bonitos like they were last time we headed up there. We got lost AGAIN thanks to google maps "great" directions and got there at around 6:15 am and boy were we in for a surprise!Snook Snook and more snook busting little sardines everywhere it was crazy the second we got there i had to waste time and go all the way to the beach and back to the pier with an 8lb bucket full of water becouse i forgot my rope, when we did get up there we brought out the sabiki and started poping up greenies like pros, so i mount one on my sargus and throw it out there, and another on my tidewater....less than 2 minutes go by and im running to my screaming tidewater and set the hook and start moving toward the beach with a screaming reel in my hand and a crazy snook on the line after a fight that took me oh so close to the beach he comes up and i get a look at what looked like a 15 lber but there he goes and with one huge tailslap he goes and runs under the pier and after 20 yards where out of my reel my line pops! after some more hits and breakoffs i finnally had one pinned down on my sargus when he makes a huge run for it and thats when my dad noticed the screaming reel and tightens my drag while im in huge strain and he accidentally tightens it all the way and pop! goes the 20 lb pp that i had on there! Okay two 15 lbers gone????lesson learned next time 30 lb mono on the tidewater and 50 lb pp on the sargus! 30 minutes after i get my hands on a small 4 pounder and land the first fish of the day!after that i had like 4 more breakups and we called it a day. biggest fish that they landed on the pier was a 32 lb snook, huge fish, wasnt caught by me though! and yea thats the day, 9-10 breakups and like 2 missed hookups.The pics are taken by a cameraphone so quality sucks!Enjoy!
Thats the 32 lber(not caught by me)!Man i hate how pics make fish look smaller!

·
Super Moderator
3,417 Posts
Thanks for the report, inshore.

Sounds like an event-filled day!

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
I really don't care for that person hanging a fish that size by it's jaw. Some people say it'll kill it.

Beautiful fish nonetheless.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Way to go with hookin em up. That is a real monster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts