Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I been slacking on the reports. I always said that if I take info from the forum, then I should give back. So here goes:

Sometime last week (or it might of been two weeks ago, its all a blurr) I fished the JRB. Got there around 6pm (tide still coming in... I believe hightide was 730pm). The Speck bite was pretty hot as soon as I got there but all were undersize except this one. Then at slack tide, all bites stopped.

When I the tide started back up (outgoing), the blues were every where. All in the 12-14ish range killing my gulp. I was going to switch to a gotcha plug but with the treble, I didnt want to kill the blues unless I was keeping them. So I stuck to the 4 inch white swimming mullet but this time I put a heavier weight to keep it on the bottom to keep away from the blues. Some still got to it and ripped the tails but not as much as before. Rest of the night was undersize trout and blues.

Then when the guy flicked the lights (means you got about 15 mins and he closing), I switched back to 1/4 oz and jigged hard at the lights. All of a sudden bam! I thought it was a huge trout but as it got closer I saw it was a striper. First keeper of the season.

Fish Fish Milkfish Oily fish Coregonus lavaretus

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I was at the Green Mile two weeks ago and the lights were still out. Called the city and was told they were aware of the situation. Apparently it is not a minor fix and gave no time table for repair.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Quick question about Green Mile Pier is the pier allowed to be fished 24/7? Or does it close at a certain time?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts