Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally got a day off from work and went to the jrb pier. i have never been there before so... after loading my truck i googled directions and was off. got to the pier about 1:00 and was fishing by 1:15. i went about 2/3rds of the way to the end. just before the second transformer tower in the water. fished with fishbites bloodworms, frozen squid, and shrimp. by far squid was the best. i got fish on the other two but maybe 1/4th as many. probably got at least 60 croaker. smallest being live bait size and the largest (and i had 7 of them) were between 16-20" for the most part they averaged about 12" or so. i did also see two stripers (both released) one keeper flounder, and three nice black drum. the biggest about 30" or so. the action was steady. at times i couldnt keep more than one rod in the water! after keeping enough for a nice dinner I packed up and made the 2.5 hr drive back home.... all in all not a bad day at all!:fishing:

·
Registered
239 Posts
As much as I hate that pier it sounds like its been the croaker hot spot for the year so far. It's a shame to, I live probably not 5 minutes from there (Hilton area) and would rather drive else where to fish.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks for the report, RM. I'll be up there Memorial Day weekend. I'll probably just fish Hilton pier and avoid the masses at JRB. It'll be good just to be home and wet a hook in the Jimmy River. :fishing:

Tight Lines!

·
Registered
45 Posts
What was the condition of the pier? Last time i was there (couple of weeks ago) it was fairly clean...not sure if this was because the season is still kinda new or due to new management??? However, it seemed like only one light was working on the WHOLE PIER.
Not sure why...they have had all winter to get them working. If they would just empty the trash everynight...this would be one of the premier piers on the East Coast. Makes me wonder where that 8 bux goes to.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the pier was in great condition. empty trash cans. pier was clean. not crowded at all. prob. caue it was a mon and kinda rainy. i will be down again on tue with my dad if anyone is gonna be around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.