Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself and four friends fished JRB tonight from 7-10ish and caught lots(35+) of croaker. All sizes, the biggest was 20" or better, I would say 85% were over 14". Squid was the main course, and bloodworms a mild appetizer. Weather wasn't choice, but tolerable, scattered rain and wind from SE(I think). Not really sure how to clean and cook em so we didn't keep any. Or are they even safe to eat coming from the JR? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Murf,for th small ones gut,chop th head an fry em. For th bigger ones fillet an a quick grease bath an Yum Yum. As far as th JR I haven't heard of a kepone warning in a long time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ive eaten plenty of fish from that area and I am still alive. as for cooking smaller ones= scale, cut head off, gut, rinse, and either bread and fry or they taste pretty good baked. as for the larger ones+ scale, fillet. rinse, bread, fry, or you can do like I said above if you are going to bake them just dont fry the larger ones whole

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds simple enough. I think a fish fry is in order next time. How do you get a citation?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hey, no one mentioned the BBQ Grill/Smoker...
Marinate them over night in a little olive oil & your favorite seasons then slap them baby's on the grill. (Only, for those 2-plus pounders filetts.) A mixture of Charcoal and Mesquite works best. Now that's Good Eating!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts