Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been going to grandview pier and was thinking of going to jrb pier.is the type of fish about the same?do cobia show up?taking wife with me and was hoping to catch something with hope of maybe a fish bigger than spot or croaker,. thanks:confused:

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you want somethign bigger than a spot or croaker then don't go to the jrb. That is about all you will catch out there. If you are going in the day time i would say grandview all the way. It is not as loud, during the day thr jrb gets rel noisey with all the trucks on the bridge. At night the traffic slows down and it is not bad. Never heard of a cobe there but i did hear of a black drum a few years back. I have never had much luck during the day light hours but once the sun starts to set you can pull out more spot or croaker than your cooler can hold. If you are goign for a variety of fish i would stay on grandview or maybe change it up and travel to buckroe, if you want just mass amounts of fish I would hit ythe jrb around 6 and plan to stay till about 8 or 9. Good luck and nomatter where you go it is better than sitting behind this desk all day

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.