Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wet and rainy, but successful

Wet to Jetty park at around 5 pm Thurs. night, weather looked bad but what the hey, I was there with about three dozen finger mullet. So I thought I might catch a flouder, since they were biting good there the day before. I fished for about a half hour and hooked a Jack that took me by surprise. Always remember to tighted down your drag befor you set the hook, other wise it might be too late. Almost got spooled. but got him in finally. About four pounds. and a lot of fun. Weather looked bad, so made my way back to the rocks along the parking area, as to make a retreat to my truck, if need be. Fished for about ten minutes, then the rain came, and the lightning too. Sat in my truck reading a magazine and waited it out, about a half hour. Then went back to the rocks, let my mullet drift with just enough weight to keep it down. then three in a row. Nich mango snappers two at 13 inches and one nice one at 19 inches. Caught the ninteen incher right as the weather was turning rough again. Sliding sinker rig, 1/2 oz weight and about 2 ft of 20lb flourocarbon leader. waited out the weather again, and went out oon the pier again watched these two guys catching a couple of keeper snook, I ended up with another nice snapper at 17 inches. Well the weather was bad but the fishing was good. I guess that pressure change thing is good. But hey I like to be lucky too! Redfishjoebob!!!

Remember two thirds of the earth is covered by water, so two thirds or our time should be spent fishing!:p

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sounds like a good time, I was down there for a few days over Spring break and only managed a decent spanish mack, black drum, numerous jacks (we had fun with a huge school) and watched the guy next to me pull out flounder after flounder with shrimp. Had no luck at all with my sabiki rig, I was really disappointed about that, but everything was caught on shrimp except the jacks (jig) and the mack (rapala). Caught a bird too, that was fun, damn things, always trying to dive-bomb my rapalas.
Where were you on the pier if you dont mind telling? I'll be home again sometime within the next 2 months and plan on going down there and giving it another shot. I'd love to get a few snappers or some flounder.

Btw, where'd you get the mullet?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts