Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know I will probably get some criticism on my new setup but I like it, and that’s what counts. I decided to mount a 3HP Jet Turbo “The Cut” motor on my Ocean Kayak. I mainly fish the bays at the coast and some of the places I fish are a good distance out and now that I’m turning 55 I get worn out faster now. Anyway, I made a custom motor mount and used yak attack rails with backing plates for strength. I’ve tried it out so far in fresh water and all works great. I’m still breaking in the motor with a 25:1 oil mix so that’s why it’s smoking the way it is. https://youtu.be/0SBwAC0jYIU

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks rdbjr for the reply. Will do. Can’t make it back to Hatteras until April but looking forward to it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd love to see a video of it running out on the water. I can think of some shallow seaside bays where that might be just the ticket!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Next time I take it to the lake I will get a video and post it. I plan to take it back to a fresh water lake once more to get through the 25:1 oil break-in period before I take it to Hatteras in April. Thanks for the interest. Just waiting for a day in the 50’s.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m not sure but even pulling my wife’s kayak it was clipping along. Sure will save me a lot of energy getting to my distance fishing spots. The second video shows me pulling my wife in her kayak. First video is me just puttering around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts