Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snooking is good on the causeway. Lots of bait even though the wind was howling. The snook were popping everywhere and I managed to wrestle two "gooduns" away from the pilings. I outfished the rest of the guys there (using big shrimp and finger mullet) by tossing a topwater and "walking the dog" Got busted up several times and finally lost my pet plug. Went light (12lb mono) and still managed to get them out from under the bridge....although the first fish hit well outside and only ran under for the last minute or two. This new slot is a real biaaatch but I got lucky and one got invited home for supper. Picture later when my buddy sends it to me.

PS BIG sheepshead next to the pilings during the day. You could see them from the bridge. A few days ago they were taking fleas but all I did yesterday was scare a few before the sun set and I switched to snook tactics.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hey Fin good to hear an inshore report, Ive only been hearing from the offshore guys. Ill be there for thanksgiving and Im counting on it to be too rough to get offshore. Way to nail them and I hope I can do the same in a few weeks. Keep the updates flowing man.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Nice fish. Good work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts