Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished all day on the 7th beginning around 2pm and finishing around 3am the following morning. Took a short 2 hr break from 4-6pm to get a bite to eat and to recruit a friend and secure some live shrimp. Managed a few good sheepshead during the daylight hours on freelined live fleas and watched as others on the bridge landed some very nice cero mackerel and chunky black drum. When I returned I managed a pair of very nice drum myself on live shrimp and then switched to live finger mullet for the remainder of the night. Caught blues and ladyfish and a weird looking barracuda. The cuda looked like a pacific cuda vs. our normal greater barracuda....more slender with a very pointy snout...the fish also had a noticeable amount of pearlescent blue color and a lack of the normal spots which I have never noticed on greater cuda before. I will try to post a picture of this fish to see if anyone else here has seen a similar specimen here in Florida. All in all the outing was good although I was really hoping to land another snook....we heard a few popping but we couldn't entice a hit from the linesiders. Tide looks good for tonight so hopefully I will get out there and have another report some time tomorrow.:fishing:

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
No problem. I may not be good at some things but ID'ing fish is one thing I have down.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A few pictures of my catch. Only included the best sheepshead and a pair of the average blues we caught. Just heard back from my buddy and we will be at it again tonight...wish us luck

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
That definitely looks like a sennet and a good one too. I hear they're edible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts