Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the causeway again last night anticipating similar snook action from the night before. Fish were busting up finger mullet but the snook were MIA. Water was full of small blues, big ladyfish and very large trout (figures since they are now closed:() Used live finger mullet all night and had a blast catching one fish after another. Kept a pair of small blues for the table as well as a few ladyfish and finger mullet to freeze for bait. Caught the largest trout I have ever managed...at first I thought it was a small snook but as I hauled him topside I was elated to see it was a real gator of a trout. I pulled the hook and reluctantly returned the fish back from where it came wishing I had caught him a few days earlier before the season closed. I don't know how going three nights in a row is going to sit with the wife but I will make my case for that some time around three or four this afternoon.:D

PS we were also catching several ballyhoo in our cast nets....never realized ballyhoo came this far into the ICW but there were schools of them. Not real big but I am sure they will make fine offshore baits later this year

1 - 3 of 3 Posts