Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
The first thing that was cut from the budget when Gov. Perdue took over were the propposed piers at Emerald Isle, Carolina Beach n Fort Fisher...not sure if Jennets was cut but im sure the other three were.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had read a few months ago that those piers had been cut but jennettes was saved as long as they cut the budget for it. i.e... shrinking the pier house down, and making the pillions a smaller diameter. Last I was on there was before isabella hit. Had a great string of nights. I have heard that site prep has occurred or at least demolition of the cottages next door.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Mid-March, I heard from a Nags Head official (during a discussion on beach replenishment) that the quotes for Jennette's Pier came in over budget. At that point, he was unaware of any decision as having been made but understood that one of the options was to cut back on length and also build it on fewer concrete pilings.

Jim

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Of course the state could save some money by granting a tax relief to the Hilton in exchange for the KittyHawk pier:and then extend it.....well I thought it was a good idea....the R

·
Registered
830 Posts
Yeah Kitty Hawk was my favorite pier. Caught my first big Striper off that pier throwing bucktails in a 30mph December wind. There were about 20 people fishing and someone had a fish on the entire time. One pier net and it was tough in the wind but most of us got a limit. Sure was fun and something I will never forget.

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Yeah Kitty Hawk was my favorite pier. Caught my first big Striper off that pier throwing bucktails in a 30mph December wind. There were about 20 people fishing and someone had a fish on the entire time. One pier net and it was tough in the wind but most of us got a limit. Sure was fun and something I will never forget.
Caught my one and only pier tarpon there,along with bunches of kings,and a cobe or two.. Caught plenty of drum there,and had my first double figure day there as well.. Awsume pier and really miss it.. Did great on Jenette's in the past as well.. Myself I'd like to see them rebuild them both,but it will be the day when pigs fly....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Jennette's pier

The new pier will be 1,000 foot long (same as old pier) and 22 foot wide. The two story pier house will include an arcade, tackle shop, classroom and 200 seat multipurpose room. It will be made out of concrete with a wooden deck. The "green" features - wind turbines, cisterns, solar panels will still be part of the pier. No alcohol available or allowed. New name also, the North Carolina Aquarium Pier at Nags Head.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's great info, but I would think most of us on here have known that.
I have been looking for an update on progress of construction.
I still appreciate the info. Although I didn't know of the name change.
It will always be Jennette's to me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.