Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 5-730pm at the pier yesterday. Targeting sheepshead. On my first drop, I had one but lost him right at the surface. I've never caught one so I was excited. I was also surprised and probably did not even try to set the hook. I was also using (possibly) the wrong hook - a circle hook. I then switch to a 2/0 bait hook. Then switched to a sheepshead jig. I forget the brand. I was using sand fleas. Did not get another tap (that I could feel). My son fished with shrimp and NADA. I didn't see anyone pull up a fish.

Saw a Magnificent Frigatebird fly over the pier which was nice. I've never seen one before.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Fishing basically sucks off of the piers and in the surf around here on a southwest wind. We get a bad upwelling from them anywheres north of Rodanthe

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fishing basically sucks off of the piers and in the surf around here on a southwest wind. We get a bad upwelling from them
^^^THIS is the hardest part to learn OR the easiest part to forget for someone that rarely goes there. I usually go on a whim and hope for the best!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts