Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Surf fish with jdollfin yesterday in Mel Bch and she landed her first Pompano on fresh clam . Fished in the Pm from about 2 till about 4 . Not alot going on some blues being landed by others on the beach and the water was in great shape . Posted a couple of other PICS from the last couple trips to the surf as well .

·
Registered
5 Posts
My First!

What a thrilling day :D
I think I'm truely addicted to surf fishing now. I will admit that Koz casted out my line for me, but I'll soon be able to do that myself with a little more practice :).
Even though Koz didn't catch a thing :D I couldn't have landed my catch without his expert help :)
He did make me shuck and clean all the clams we didn't use, but I guess that's a small price to pay for being a newbe!
It was a great day:jawdrop:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Great catch jdollfin..........ya know you'll always remember your first.;)

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Oh man...we had six inches of snow up here yesterday and tonight they're calling for sleet and freezing rain well into tomorrow night. It's supposed to go down to around 15 degrees tonight. Those pictures just made me sigh out loud.

Nice pomps by the way, which brings me to a question I've been planning to pose to you Fla. folks for awhile: what are your techniques and tactics for catching pompano?

They are seasonal visitors further up the coast and I've always had spotty luck catching them. The little ones are in the surf in August and September by the thousands and I've caught a few on sandfleas just past the shorebreak. I've also accidentally caught them on mullet when fishing for pups. How far out do you fish for them? What's your favorite bait? Any other tips?

·
Registered
823 Posts
nice pomp jdollfin, way to go girl!
listen to koz he'll get ya squared away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts