Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would be interested in hearing about your electric boat.How big? What type of motor.How did you get it past the breakers?:cool:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
A friend of mine made it for me. It was three channel and 36 inches long. It was a model of a tug boat and had a winch on the rear. He was into design and knew that I fished so we got togather and he made it. I used it a couple times in north beach when the the water was calm. It worked great on afew lakes but I was always afraid to put it in when the water looked too rough. I had plenty of floatation in it and it would have washed back but I am a tight wad and thought of the money involved if I did lose it.
The thing was pretty heavy and was not fast but it was something different. This guy had his own shop and made fiberglass models for some of the people in the Alexandria area.

The motorcame from a small trolling motor and used a 12 volt battery. The radio was JR three channel. He did allthe work like packing the drive train and it was something.

I sold it to a kid in the neighborhood and he took it with him when he moved.

I have been thinking about another one as I still have the radio equipment.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks,that was interesting

I thought you were joking at first.:rolleyes: I am always looking for ideas to get way out there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts