Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I can't get the girlfriend to drink beer, but I can get her to fish now and then. Whenever I take her fishing, she's happy to sit and watch me do it and she also likes to keep an eye out for dolphins. Now I am just trying to get her to come down here in the spring when the cobia run up the coast. Perhaps I can convince her to go out in a kayak.

As for the Guinness, I don't usually drink Extra Stout, but I do love the can draught system.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
the trouble is getting them on the kayak, once there on and riding they usually have fun, cant get girlfriend to drink beer? too bad, mine likes beer, but not fishing

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Hey the girlfriend thing sounds familiar ,been married to mine for over 17yrs., the only time she goes "fishing" with me anymore is the summer (WARM) trips to Hatteras. The boys are surfing, I'm fishing or surfing (depending on the waves) and she's usually sunning & reading or beachcombing for seashell treasures. You'll get used to it, besides you've got all the cooler months, which are better to fish anyway, all to yourself. As far as Guinness, check out Jack Quinn's on Granby St. sometime. Black & Tans right from the tap, nectar of the Gods!! As far as her drinking beer, forget it, she claims she drank enough in college to last her liftime.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Jay B, that's the reason we moved down here to Chesapeake from N. VA. No, not for Jack Quinn's, we had plenty of Irish pubs in Old Town Alexandria. It was for that exact same scenario that you described. Pack the cooler, boards and rods and make that trip to S-turns. It's just the 5am start that she hates!

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Nothing like the "Dawn Patrol", but I think that also is a die-hard guy thing.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey Chest2Head.......worked in old town for 20 years.......Murphy's good......Ireland's Own bad........At least with the Irish folks........

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shamrock's Pub down here on Wilmington Island has fish and chips, Beamish, Bass. Guinness, Boddingtons Ale, and Harp on tap. Mmmmmm, nothing like a couple pints of stout after a hard day's fishing. :D

If any of you come down to Savannah look me up, first round is on me.

·
Registered
291 Posts
hey emanuel i talked to ray philips about the mate job. He said miss judy charter also but he also said check the phonebook for some boats.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to check with Miss Judy Charters in the next few weeks and with the other boats as well. As soon as you get legal, I'll buy you a beer too. :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
I must be the luckiest. Mine will fish with me, drinks beer and wants to get a boat. And she even married me!

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmmm, does she have a sister? :D My girlfriend has great potential, just needs some work. I'll have her drinking PBR and fishing at 5am in no time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts