Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There were about a dozen or so anglers fishing from the south shore of the James today. One guy pulled in three or four rockfish... they said one went 28 inches. I saw him catch one that was about 20 inches. He was using cut bait. This is my first post. I'm really glad I found this list.:D

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Yep...welcome and thx .Where abouts on the James were they feeshen???...the R

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Saw about 5 mexicans get locked up there 1 day , they must a had 2 cooler fulls of illegals :p / had the game warden a state trooper n 3 cars of city popo,s:D

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
more than likely down around dock street in richmond

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Hey man, where ya been?

inawe said:
more than likely down around dock street in richmond

They still catching up that far? Figured they'd be long gone out of the city by now :eek:

Haven't fish that area in a few years, mostly go in the spring.

Ancarrow is still closed, isn't it?

You ever fish the "hot" creek out of Dutch Gap in the winter?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
FREEKN

Busy as chit , that place is still open n a matter a fact tis d rockfish season ;) prolly b better around rivers bend thou paper said they doin gud up thata way takin th jon boat there monday to chek it out :p

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Re: FREEKN

inawe said:
Busy as chit prolly b better around rivers bend thou paper said they doin gud up thata way takin th jon boat there monday to chek it out :p
Send some o that work my way:D You ain't been working Hanover lately have ya? Been a awful lot of new squares gett'n put on around here...

If your buds go out of ancarrow, don't let em pass up a little time at the chit plant... gots a little stink around, bot them linesides like that bubbl'in water :cool:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Next to the JRB... there's a place to park in the wildlife management area. Easy access and cheaper than the pier. A guy put in with a sailboard right next to me and sailed right into both of my bright orange, highly florescent lines. He didn't fit in my cooler, so I tossed him back.:)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
My bust

thought ya mighta been talking about richmond part o th James , glad ya threw,m back thou prolly a gud call :cool: welcome Aboard ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
lower james

must be talkin about Ragged Island WMA, not bad place to shore fish, I think you can also park on the north side in the old Vdot area and fish the north side of the bridge I've seen black drum, puppy drum, nice croaker and rock caught there, a buddy of mine fishes there and uses salad shrimp for bait, and for snackin on!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ragged Island is the name of the place. We tried it again early yesterday morning... about 30 min after sunrise. Fished it for about 2 hours without a bite. Went to Ft. Monroe without any luck. We fished the back side of the base, behind the campground on the creek. Lots of clear water and grassy islands. We saw a large school feeding.... gulls and an assortment of other birds hitting the water in large numbers. We watched them work for about 300 yards until the vanished around a bend in the creek. A park ranger appeared and told us we could only fish on the sea wall side.... so we left. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts