Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the JRB pier today around 2pm. Stayed till maybe 5:30. Not a lot of bites but caught a few. A variety. My wife caught a puffer, spot and a dark brown fish we aren’t sure of, she caught a hand full of those. I caught a pigfish the brown fish and a striped fish. We saw an oyster toadfish I think. A pretty big one! And some undersized flounder come over the rail. Nice weather today…
Sleeve Grey Finger Wood Denim
Fish Fisherman Food Fishing Seafood
Hand Marine invertebrates Finger Fish Thumb
Water Vertebrate Blue Fisherman Sky
Sleeve Grey Finger Wood Denim

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Nice catch and thanks for the report. Sea bass, pinfish and pigfish often bite when the fish you want to catch stop biting. Although not always accurate, check the solunar tables on tides4fishing for ideal times to fish. Fall fishing is right around the corner!

·
Registered
389 Posts
The brown one is a juvenile black sea bass. The striped one is a juvenile striper.

Went to the JRB pier today around 2pm. Stayed till maybe 5:30. Not a lot of bites but caught a few. A variety. My wife caught a puffer, spot and a dark brown fish we aren’t sure of, she caught a hand full of those. I caught a pigfish the brown fish and a striped fish. We saw an oyster toadfish I think. A pretty big one! And some undersized flounder come over the rail. Nice weather today… View attachment 68394 View attachment 68395 View attachment 68396 View attachment 68397 View attachment 68394

1 - 8 of 8 Posts