Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stripers at IRI are getting fat! Who want's to join me Friday evening around 10 PM for some jetty action?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
If I didn't have the challenge on Sunday, I'd be there in a second. Just too long of a drive for a weekend :( .

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My challenge is catching those fat stripers at IRI! Hopefully I'll be able to get one on the inline sinker-bucktail combo...

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Use the bucktail sinker combo;I caught a nice 38"Striper like that this summer.2oz sinker ahead of a 1/2-1/4 bucktail with white plastic will get all of them.I only go there for the Tau Tog but I probily get the big Striper closer to home;maybe on a Eel at the Narrows couldn't hurt to try.There all over;somone needs to hook up with a Big Striper.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Too late pap someone hooked up
I HOOKED UP.....
6 TODAY up to 36.....
left em bitin'
lets just say night time isnt the only time

·
Registered
680 Posts
hey crab. fri. evening at ten is approx. 2hrs. before low. they have been hitting on the rising tide from about 2hrs. after low to around 1hr. before high and it slows. they can be gotten on the outgoing but you change positions. most of the rock caught are shorts but there are some nice ones mixed in. i've fished everyday since last thurs. i've gotten some nice keepers but have released all. i hope you get that big one. he is there.:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I wish I could be there but not enough time on my hands

6 fish;all 36"ers thy're defenltly over there.I don't really have the amount of time on my hands to go over there but I should try my Eels there.I love the dark side but still a bait fishermen at heart;I couuld try Toggin and Eelin with the same rod too.I would love to bring home 6 Tog but a over 30" Stripers not bad neither.;)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Those are all of those Indian River stripers that have finally started to make there way out to the ocean. They have been thick back by the power plant and also at the mouth of love creek and herring creek in the RB. I wish I didn't have to work. Maybe this weekend.:)

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Billr said:
hey crab. fri. evening at ten is approx. 2hrs. before low. they have been hitting on the rising tide from about 2hrs. after low to around 1hr. before high and it slows. they can be gotten on the outgoing but you change positions. most of the rock caught are shorts but there are some nice ones mixed in. i've fished everyday since last thurs. i've gotten some nice keepers but have released all. i hope you get that big one. he is there.:cool: :cool:
BillR,

Thanks - Got that get together with "those other" site guys Friday evening otherwise I would be there for the shift to the high tide...

I usually fish the North jetty on the incoming and the South jetty on the outgoing....just had better luck that way...we'll see...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Went again today 11/18
conditions are deteriorating
2 fish 24 and 31.....
not looking good for friday
I got wet,no make that soaked
You need to be carefull on the jetty!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts