Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok people I hope everyone is ready for this storm.I would love to hear from everyone with a report as to how things are where you live. I am in Richmond and right now we are getting a little rain with some wind gust of about 20- 30 mph.The worse is yet to come.The eye is expected to come over richmond sometime tonight. Hope everyone Stays safe and hope she spares the pier's and no one gets hurt. Houses can be rebuilt so keep yourself and family's safe. My thoughts and prayers go out to you all..

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Doh! We got what you meant luv2fish. ;) Everyone stay safe!

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Here in Lanexa (between Williamsburg and Richmond) its raining, nothing too heavy. Winds 20-25 with gust to about 35.Tide going out so no worries tell later tonight.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Yikes!

Just saw CNN broadcasting from the boardwalk. Man, you guys are getting spanked! People were getting blown along like dry leaves.

And the storm's not even there yet...crikey.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I saw on the Weather channel that part of the Virginia beach pier is gone:(

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm about halfway between Rudee and Sandbridge 5 miles inland, winds about 60 right now, rain going sideways. The local weather just said it will be like this or a little worst till this evening.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL it is thursday

sorry guys it is thursday I think with all the rush to get ready I lost a day somewhere.Just saw that we lost part of Va beach pier.:( I hope thats the only one we loose.Its getting windier here and the rain is picking up. Hang on I think we are in for a long day & a even longer night.. STAY SAFE !!!!

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
1 o'clock update.

TWC says 32 with gust to 44 but a wind band just came thru, I'm guessing its a bit higher and its raining real hard now. Lots of limbs down in th yard already. Be a busy weekend cleaning up.

P

·
0 Posts
A 105 pound CNN reporter, standing out in the 70 mile an hour winds right at Vriginia Beach, said that "a peir" a couple blocks from where they are standing had the end of it ripped off from the waves. I'm assuming she's talking about VA Beach pier; has anyone confirmed this?

P

·
0 Posts
OH WOW>..you actually seen it on the weather channel? I wonder if I can see a replay. Man, that's terrible. I hope the ownsers of VA BEach pier is paid well enough from insurance to build it back with an extension and a "T" at the end.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts