Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without giving specific spots away, what OBX town would you get a hotel room in for a weekend in late June if your only criteria is catching something big and fun (sharks?) with the opportunity for smaller and edible as well? Also, we have an ORV and the tackle and know-how to sort out the details. Just point us in a general direction.

·
Registered
287 Posts
To each his own but I never go north on the OBX. To many morons staying up there for me. Further south you go makes a easy ferry ride added to the choice of fishing places you have. That time of year I have did OK at times up around ramps 23-38.......and other times like 55. Its just all a guess.
I'll try and get on here next few weeks for a few reports........I'll be down for a good while. In to June possibly......

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
Anywhere from Rodanthe to Hatteras Inlet. Sharks are everywhere
I've seen quite a few hammer heads, and big Duskys caught this spring from the Surf
And a quite large blacktip.. which are quite tasty.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like Avon- it's close to the cape point, has several access ramps for orv, and other than the village beach in summer, doesn't close as much. Also has all the goods and services you want.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts