Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
That is really scary, you people on the Outer Banks and Virginia coast need to start making evacuations plans. I don't beleave I have ever seen one come ashore in the bay area. This could be the worst ever. Please take this seriously and we will be praying for you. I live three hours inland and I'm scared. Hopefully it will make a hard right before it gets to land, but it don't look good.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Greetings All!

The following can be ordered free from the Sea Grant (North Carolina) Web Page under the heading "The Changing Coast":

Hurricane Safety Checklist provides a step-by-step preparation list for a hurricane emergency. UNC-SG-BP-82-3; 2 pages; free. Wooden Wind Anchors for Hurricane-Resistant Construction Near the Ocean describes wooden wind anchors and explains how to install them. UNC-SG-BP-84-3; 2 pages; free.

Order at:

http://www.ncsu.edu/seagrant/newpublications.html

Better safe than sorry. From AOL news:

The approaching hurricane prompted higher-than-usual sales for items such as plywood, generators, gas cans and chain saws at Home Depot stores in Florida, company spokesman Don Harrison said. Sales of hurricane supplies at the chain's other East Coast stores were normal, he said.

Just remember the old Boy Scout motto: Be Prepared!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.