Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Pucker Factor

is way too high on this one. Even if it comes close and does not hit, its going to do a lot of damage.

I'm headed to the store shortly for some extra gas cans for the generator and some canned goods. i got caught with my pants down after Fran, not this time.

This weekend will be spent retreiving stuff from the place at Topsail and tying down items here inland. Better safe than sorry. Get your plywood and items and store somewhere before they run out or double in price.

That and pray is about the best we can do.

·
Registered
823 Posts
good luck fish hunter. i just got back from boarding up... this oneis gonna be ugly

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Ha flistell! I wonder how long it'll be before bin Laden and company claim the storm is God's wrath against the U.S. and Pat Robertson responds by claiming he'll pray it away (he claimed to have talked God into steering a couple of hurricanes away from Va. Beach in the 80s). :rolleyes:

You never know; this thing could turn out to sea and leave us all alone. I hope so, because it's now got sustained winds over 160 mph and is a Category 5. The AP has some pretty sobering stuff on this storm:

The last hurricane to develop into a Category 5 in the Atlantic was Mitch, which killed about 11,000 people in Nicaragua, Honduras and Guatemala in 1998.

The last two Category 5 hurricanes to strike the U.S. coast were Andrew in 1992 and Camille in 1969.

The last few years have been lucky for those of us on the Atlantic coast; we've had very few hurricanes. Our luck's going to run out eventually, but that doesn't mean you don't dread it.

·
Registered
634 Posts
oh boy...isabel isnt looking good.....i know i wont be stayin here during it lol willoughby spit was created by a hurricane in the 1800's....something of this size could erase it......and my dumb azz didnt get renters insurance lol

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
When Pat Robertson makes Isabel do a U-turn, gets me a new car, and allows me to catch a 50"+ red drum while accompanied by the Atlanta Falcons cheerleaders, I'll send him a couple bucks. Until then, I wouldn't urinate on him if he was on fire.:D

·
Registered
823 Posts
amen on that one emanual. if all that happens in next few days give me a hollar......:D

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
No promises on that one. I may have my hands full.:D

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'll take help from Pat-Hussein-Bin Laden, hell even Bill and Hillary--that is how low I'll stoop on this one. Live on the beach, actually a big sandbar. Just ordered 27 sheets of plywood for the house and a pair of pliers to control my sphincter. What in the hell is a poor boy from Michigan doing on the ocean???

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Guys and gals, south of the Chesapeake Bay, be cautious, and be safe, those in the Bay area keepan eye, cause if it comes into the mouth, who knows what? Be safe, and kiss the kids (just in case). Heck, we lost Warren Zevon, Johnny Cash and (for my wife (John Ritter), don't need to lose any P&S'
rs

GBAK

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.