Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we're from Jersey(the fishin stinks)and we planned to make a few more trips down before the season ends but, is it worth it??
The piers have been destroyed and if I could hit a lottery a concrete pier has to be a sound investment(probably a better investment than Virginia Beach). Ya can't put a dollar figure on the memories from the piers that were loss!! Anyway how's the fishin and do the head boats at Harrisons still operate???

·
Registered
691 Posts
hit or miss

Hey there, here's my take on the fishing right now.

Pier(s)- only one I've heard much about recently is Lynnhaven. The fishing there has been Spot(y) and spotty. There are some Striper's around too, but the best bet is evening. The occaisional Trout and a few Drum are available too! I've not heard much on Sea Gull, but I suspect Black Seabass and Striper at night. Maybe some Tog around also?! Schoolies and a few croaker at the JRB pier.

Surf- It's been a little rough, and I'm not the expert in this area. Drum, Blues, and Spot would seem to be the target. Striper, too. The water is clear where I've been, just a little rough.There have been some croaker and Sea Mullet too. Bait is everywhere...

Inlet's- ARE GOOD!!!

Boat(s)- not sure who is running what for headboat trip(s). Heard of some Striper/ Spot journey's out of the Hampton area, and the charter(s) are catching limits of Striper when they can get out.

WX- the weather is forecast to blow and be cold this weekend. Could usher in the full fledged Striper blitz, and maybe the Drum down off S Virginia beaches. I HOPE SO!!!!!

So, there's my take. I'm sure others will add their thoughts. I hope it helps, and Good Luck when you go. Fish On

Zigh
><((((*>
:D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Harrison's Headboats are running from Willoughby Marina. You can get the number from Harrison's website. Depending on the weather, I'm going to try to go on Sunday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts