Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to hear that. I fished Sea Gull once in the spring when I first moved here during HIGH wind and freezing temperatures with no luck.

After reading the description of the pier in "Hot Spots" section I started to get excited. I am really wanting to catch a big fish. I am really thinking about taking two weeks in the fall to hit Lake Michigan to catch a monster.

Maybe when striper season opens I will get my chance to catch something big here.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree with you GraphixDude! The fishing in Virginia has not impressed me at all. Heck, I caught bigger fishing in the north than on head boats or piers.

There is nothing like a 25 pound pike on your line acting like a trolling moter.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:D Tony - I expected more being that we are fishing in saltwater, but I have had a lot of fun fishing here too. It is suprising to know that we have a greater abundance of bigger fish up north though. As a kid I have always dreamed of catching a big ol ocean fish. I guess until I can get out on the open ocean for Tuna or Marlin or something I will continue to dream.

·
Registered
634 Posts
if the striper run is what they say it is...you'll soon be forgetting those pike lol...other than striper,big blues and red drum fishing on surf... only way to get big fish is to go on charters......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts