Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

I guess I was one of the lucky ones on Father's day. My wife got me a new Okuma EB 80 Baitrunner, and a 12 Okuma Rod rated 4-10oz. i am planning on getting some 50# Power Pro to put on it but for now I wanted to know if my 20# Suffix would be good enough to do some Cobia Fishing or should I wait until I get the Power Pro.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Big T,
That Suffix you have is better than the power pro. Its plenty strong, has good abrasion resistance (better than a braid) and unlike the braid will stretch a certain amount. This will provide you some needed cushion for when that big cobe makes a surge or starts to bulldog and shake his ugly old head. The mono willl also win you more friends if fishing in a crowd. I have nothing against braids, in my experiance they just work better all around.
Tight lines and popped riggers

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Plank, I have both 15# and 20# Suffix would either one of them work for Mr Brown or should I just go with the 20#:confused:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Big T,
IMHO either would suit but I would personolly opt for the 20 just as a little extra protection from breakoffs from abrasion, especially if you're fishing a snaggy bottom. Just make sure you're reel has the capacity for the 20.
Tight lines and popped riggers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts