Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might head up to oak island today and wanted to know if any fish are in the water and it's not to cold and if it is worth the trip

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't have any help, just wondering what your water temps are down there?? We're about 55deg here in VA Beach in the ocean. I keep hearing a lot of our good fish are still consistently available in the OBX. Whereas, here they're available, just harder to find. Seems like Oak Island would be even warmer. Mostly referring to specks, reds, schoolies, and the occasional flounder or blue while inshore fishing. Been getting plenty of fish up here so I'm sure your inshore bite will be decent as well. Dunno if this cold front is gonna get you guys too though. Ours moves in tomorrow, high of 48.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Should be plenty of fish still around OI. Spots and pomps probably done for fall - still bl and puppy drum, trout, sea mullet, blues, puffers. You might get a legal flounder. This is the last year we will be able to keep a December flounder in NC! We will have to go to SC and we can keep 10 fish at 14" wow, - same population of fish! good luck - glenn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts