Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
I got all my gear packed and ready to go. I realized I have 6inch white worm, do you think that is too long for bucktails 1/2oz?

Also, do bait stores sell herring and are they worth to buy? Should I buy green crab for togs?

three more days...

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a couple of bait stores on the DE coast. Old Inlet is just up the street.
http://www.oldinlet.com/

Other shops http://www.beach-net.com/FishingbaitDel.html

I use 3" worms - just cut yours in half. They don't have to be perfect.

I have not heard what they are using for tog but crabs are the standard bait normally used for toggin'.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
jangwuah,
I am not going to tog. Have fun and teach me the ropes some day!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings jangwuah!

You can also use fresh clam strips for tog as long as there are no bergalls (cunners) around...

Hoping Duke of Fluke brings a couple of sabiki rigs in case there are still herring in the inlet... If anybody finds a B&T with FRESH herring, pick two up for me. I'll pay for them as you bring them in, and if they really start catching fish, I'll only charge twice the price to sell them back!

I'm psyched for Saturday, sore knee or not! Glad I kept a couple of those oxycodins from after the surgery....

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Cool... I will just cut the trailer worm in half. I also bought Storm shads that are 4 and 6 inches. Just need to spool my new okuma reel with Yo-zuri hybrid.

Husky, I might not fish for togs either, unless others start to catch some!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
My stuff has been ready to go for over a week. That ought to tell you I need some fishing time.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From a previous post I made:

Spoke to Susan at the park (410-974-2149).
1. The park will open at 5 AM.

2. Normal park fees are in effect. $4.00 per person. They will have someone at the tolls to collect.

3. Season pass is $60 per year. This covers everyone in the car. They give you the code to open the gate so you can come and go when the park is open.

If you're planning on fishing SPSP on opening day I suggest:

1. Get there early! 4 AM will probably get you close to the head of the line. Remember, that ALL the boaters will be on line too.

2. Make sure that you are all rigged up and ready to fish. The first hour (IHMO) will produce the larger fish when it is still dark.

3. Bring a variety of baits. No one knows how the stripers will be hitting.

4. Please clean up your trash.

5. Please use circle hooks to make sure that the undersize stripers (under 28") can be released back into the back alive.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With the NE coming in, it looks like Husky and I will be fishing IRI with lures for cow bass. We will not be fishing 3R's surf.

We plan on hitting SPSP on the way back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts