Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all Pier and Surf members,

Unfortunately, I am sure this observation will garner some type of reprisal. I have not contributed much to the forum because I do not live in MD, I live in NOVA, and I occasionally fish MD shores. I used to check this forum often for reports from some of the places I fish, as a signal for when I should head out to PAX or PLO or wherever. As of late it would seem to me there has been more arguing and nonsense that actual fishing reports, which has caused me to look for other forums from which I can gather information.

I suppose I should contribute more, when I actually go to MD, and publish a post about my experience, but I ask that the Pier and Surf community as a whole make a return to more relevant posts void of hostility and nonsense. I also hope that those who may be angered by this post can understand that I am not implying that their issues are not important, I am simply stating that their issues have nothing to do with fishing.

Thanks,

Mo

And to make this post not a complete waste, here is a picture of a few stripers caught by me and friend at NASPAX not too long ago.

Fish Fish Fish products Oily fish Bass

Also a random picture of a tub of striper caught while fishing with Bad Habit charters.

Fish Fish Mackerel Fish products Capelin

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Dead on. More reports and fishing, less nonsense. Thanks for posting a report, which heads in the right direction.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
To all Pier and Surf members,

Unfortunately, I am sure this observation will garner some type of reprisal. I have not contributed much to the forum because I do not live in MD, I live in NOVA, and I occasionally fish MD shores. I used to check this forum often for reports from some of the places I fish, as a signal for when I should head out to PAX or PLO or wherever. As of late it would seem to me there has been more arguing and nonsense that actual fishing reports, which has caused me to look for other forums from which I can gather information.

I suppose I should contribute more, when I actually go to MD, and publish a post about my experience, but I ask that the Pier and Surf community as a whole make a return to more relevant posts void of hostility and nonsense. I also hope that those who may be angered by this post can understand that I am not implying that their issues are not important, I am simply stating that their issues have nothing to do with fishing.

Thanks,

Mo

And to make this post not a complete waste, here is a picture of a few stripers caught by me and friend at NASPAX not too long ago.

View attachment 16954

Also a random picture of a tub of striper caught while fishing with Bad Habit charters.

View attachment 16955
andypat "And to make this post not a complete waste, here is a picture of a few stripers caught by me and friend"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hooligan and others reading this thread:

Please consider catch and release. A photo last longer than the food from the fish. The stocks are low on migrating fish like the ones in that box and we need fish to lay lots of eggs to build the fishery.

Again, please consider catch and release.

Thanks.

Evan.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I stopped charter fishing stripers long ago for that very reason. Everyone want to "get theirs". There is entirely too much pressure on the fish.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
I'm with everyone on catch and release. The striped bass population is in trouble and I personally release probably 90% of the stripers I catch. I wish more people would let more of these fish go. That said, can we not jump people sharing reports or pictures, especially if they are new around here? It discourages them from posting and makes people feel like the site is hostile. I mean for crap's sake, look at the post that started this thread.

If you want to encourage conservation start a thread about it. Make public commitments to C&R and note the fact that you released your fish in your own reports. Avoid charters that encourage people to keep a full limit every single day. I think all this comes from the right place but it's coming out the wrong way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.