Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished last two days south side of IRI from 5:30 - 8:00. Small Tog, no other luck. Saw 1 26" weakfish come in, 1 keeper striper on the north side. Only thing in the surf on the south side were skates.

Anyone have any better experience? :confused:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hello Lakeside,
I fished IRI on 6/30 and 7/1 and caught the biggest spotted sea trout of my life. Imagine me fishing almost my entire life in Florida and I have to come up here and fish on the slip-n-slide jetties to catch a significant sized sea trout, which by the way was 30 inches. Loved every minute of it. I also caught a 21 inch striper, it was real chubby, but back he went. (I bet ya if I would have stompted --- naw, he's long gone) Caught the striper on a Yozui crank bait and the trout on a Storm shad. Both were on the first hour of the out going tide at day break of the 30th. Fished the 3Rs on 7/1 with every type of natural bait imaginable and only saw the guy next to me struggle with two skates. Ended up getting rained on.
It'll get better, the kings are on the way as are the croaker and little blues. Great fun on real light tackle and taste great cooked on a open fire along with a little corn bread.

Soapfish

1 - 2 of 2 Posts