Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BillR,

Is this the time of year when you do not have to pay to fish IRI and the DE surf? I remember last year they had a season when they closed the campgrounds and no one had to pay.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think the 'Free Entry' starts Oct 1. So no one should have to pay to fish the beach. You still require a permit to drive the beach, but entry into the fishing areas is free.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I fished 3R's and Savages Ditch beaches last WED-FRI and there was no one in the booth, and the season ends 31 OCT, so it was on honor system. Driving over the bridge I did see attendants in the IRI parking lots. Caught sharks and skates mostly. A guy down the beach (Savages Ditch entrance) from me landed a 34" striper that weighed in at 18#. Nice bars and sloughs there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
permit needed until 10/31

My permit was hard to read(i pasted it under the old one) & i got a note on my windshield to pay the fee. The rangers patrol the lot at night & was nice enough to wake me up from my nap & tell me NO SLEEPING IS ALLOWED. I was the only vehicle in the parking lot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.