Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anything going on @ IRI or nearby beaches first part of June? I'll be in the area for the Nascar roundy rounds,wondering if it would be worth it to bring some of my surf stuff.What types of baits/lures will be needed?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Bluefish in the surf,try cut mullet.
Stripers off the jetty,white bucktails with white or yellow worms
trout-smack at Roosevelt inlet and Broadkill beach,perdue peeler or if the blue crabs have shed...peeler.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings Fordcrew!

Hope you've got your room booked and are allowing plenty of time for getting there. Last year my buddy Ed and I did our rockfish/croaker charter the same weekend as the races at Dover. People in Easton (MD) and Cambridge (MD)were being turned away from filled up motels (luckilly we booked the Easton EconoLodge early!) Salisbury (MD) was booked, too. Most restaurants had waiting lines. The races in Dover are a big draw....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah,MJake I'm all set.As a 12yr vet of races at Dover and Pocono,I am well aware of traffic,motel,and other race related stuff.Guess you and Ed won't be booking any more fishing trips on race weekend.Just as a heads up for anyone who has to travel through DE on those weekends,DON'T!If you do have to,plan you trips while the races are going on{1pm-4pm}Fri,Sat,Sun.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I take full advantage of the race here in Dover.I head to the beach against traffic and the route back is clear.During the race I think its one of the best time to get out and about.But once the race lets out I am trapped in my neighborhood for 3-5 hours!
I have lived in Dover for 15 years and I been to one race.It was the race right after the 911 bombings. I live 2 doors down from the CEO of dover downs and I Have passed up many great seats .
But thats why they have more than one flavor of ice cream.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts