Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy,

Have you put together a set of rules for the fishing contest after the cleanup yet? Somethings to consider is that there are lots of gamefish at IRI and the DE surf.

Striped Bass
Bluefish
Trout (Weakfish)
Blackfish (TOG South of the Mason-Dixon Line) ;)
Red Drum
Black Drum
Flounder

Did I miss any?

Still think most of the pool money should go to the largest striped bass and the rest to one of the other gamefish.

·
Registered
680 Posts
fish at IRI.

Rock [striped bass]
blues.
trout.
black drum[once in a blue moon]
red drum[maybe]
tog[in delaware also]

this is about it for this time of year.:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
I think there should be one pool winner - the biggest (weight) fish caught not matter what kind. What make a rock any more special?:rolleyes:

Catman.;)

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
You could even add catfish!:jawdrop: lol at sandcrab.;)

·
Registered
472 Posts
How about the "Longest"

In May, I caught the biggest Eel I've ever seen, under the bridge on the North side.

42" long and about 4" in diameter.

And what about sharks?

I think it was in June, I saw one cruising the rocks, on the South side, at night, that was over 4' from tip of his Dorsal to the tip of his Tail.

When I was booking charters, we'd always have several pools.

First fish, biggest overall, most, biggest Striper, or Blue, or Trout, or Flounder etc. Lots of pools, lots of happy winners.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Just my two cents, but it may be more fair to have a 50/50, largest surf and largest inlet. Now, if rays, how bout them sharks? I'm sure I can hook one 40+.:D

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
The fishing pool will be like this

The biggest Bluefish,Drum(will be scarce atleast this mounth)Rock,and Trout is the big money

Half of the money will go to the biggest Tog,Flounder,or Kingfish(if there still arround).

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I kinda liked Shaggy's idea...

...Largest surf and largest inlet.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings All!

OK -- here goes:

Twenty five percent from each dollar to the bigget striper; Twenty percent for the heaviest trout and blue; fifteen percent for the bigest tog; ten percent to the heaviest fluke, and five percent each for kingfish (mullet) and croaker. If no croaker are caught, that part of the pot goes to sharks. Anyone who catches a skate has to throw an extra buck in the pot, and twenty five cents for each skate thereafter. If no keeper fluke are landed, that ten percent is added to the striper pot, unless someone catches the biggest blue and trout. On the odd chance that no legal tog is caught, that fifteen percent goes to the person who limits out first on snapper blues. If no keeper trout are caught, then that twenty percent goes to the tog pool, unless, of course, no keeper tog are caught, in which case the money goes to the person who limits out first on snapper blues. Keeping in mind the stripers in DE must be at least 24 inches long, if no keeper rock are caught the striper money becomes part of the heaviest blue pot.

Now that's not so bad....

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hey Jake I think that about sums it up!;) :D

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
hey axon , just bring yo wallet someone will figure it out for ya :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts