Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its on,but we still need more suport who's with me.I plan to clea up from the railing at the campground area to the first part of the jetty(sound good????).After we clean;we fish the incomming tide ALLRIGHT;) .Is that good

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Works for me Pappy. I should be there around 6:30 - 6:45. Looks like things are coming together.

Catman.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Kozlow in Spirit Once More

Sorry guys can't join you all for the clean up but sure admire your will to do something about the problem.

Good Luck, Catch Fish and have on for me.:D

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Hey Koz, fret not, after we end up in cocoa's territory, then VA, NC, SC, GA, and then you. Hang in there, but be fore warned, ny then, I may have to pee every six hours. The good news is by then I will also be "old" enough to hang with Cat and Hap or is that HappyCat?:D

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm good for October 5, and for sharing a room and making a weekend of it.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
If there are enough of us who are coming down for the weekend perhaps we can all get together Saturday evening for something to eat, a few drinks, and a little bragging and ragging. I love those evening before "SMACK DOWNS" . This could be fun.:D KOZLOW, we'll keep an empty chair for you!

Catman.:)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Hey catman,

a night before lieing contest sounds good to me. Wonder how many people it would take to get a group rate at the Inn? Not that the prices are bad but it looks like allot of people will make a weekend of it...Tightlines ;)

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Hat, I'll give Talbot's a call and find out. I bet that anything over 2 rooms would qualify. Wouldn't that be hoot! Heading down to the boat now to do some overdue cleaning and tackle organizing. Scrubed the "Chesapeake Mustache" off the hull last weekend. I like to keep the waterline looking sharp. BTW, I see you post on the TidalFish boards. I'm Slipsinker over there. Someone was using Catman.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
catman,

I know what you mean, you have to stay ontop of the cleaning. I'm heading over to your fav. store this morn, BoatersWorld. I'll take a extra grand for you. Welcome to the wonderful world of boating my friend...LOL....Tightlines

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Sandflea

Hey can Sandflea help or come to our clean up.How could we get sponsers for the event.Old Inlet or Bill Bait could be good sponsers.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Hat, just taked to Talbot's and they don't offer any group rates. Additionally, on the weekends you must pay for two nights (Fri. & Sat) which won't affect you or me since we'd planned on staying the weekend anyway. From past experience the two night weekend is pretty much standard in the OC area.

To date we've got 10 people who want to help: 5 from MD, 3 from VA. 1 from PA, and only 1 DE resident - Markedwards. Come on DE guys, time to get on board. It's a short drive for you folks. Heck, a number of us are spending the weekend or at least the night to help out.

Catman.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Good morning, #1 East Coast cleansters, I wish I could be with you on the 5th but the wife said if I go the dogs go with you this time. Well this wed. going back to Alabama to move him in. Gee I'm going to miss him, not seeing him around. The boss called me last nite and asked me to come in today and finish the paper work up,but one nice thing about it is that he's paying me OT for it. It'll probley(sp) take me 8hrs. to finish. Extra fishing money,right on. TRIGGER:jawdrop:

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Don't take this wrong guys but,

after five days on the board and 99 views we only have one Delaware member willing to get involved with this clean up. It dosn't make sence to hold a clean up for our neighbors if they don't plan to attend it.

With that said I would suggest, that by Sept 1st if we can't get more Delaware members support we move the CU to a Md or Va location. In Md. we have 14 places to choose from, (North Beach is out) in Va. 18 in Del. 1.

The first of Sept. gives the Del. folks 3 weeks to get involved and it gives us a month to choose another place if we need to reorganized. I do hope we don't have to move.

We have something going with the Md. DNR that we should keep the momentum going on. Either way I will support what the group decides to do 100%

Like I said, please don't take this wrong. The lack of participation is something that some have made reference to and I think this needed to be said....Hat80

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Hat, I'm with you on this one. Perhaps the DE folks are a little shy, but shy or not you'd think they'd be a little more aggressive about get their own yard cleaned up. I'm sure some will come through this week.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We have to give a Damn about our place we fish,you guys know Deleware like Maryland has more people littering especally on weekends.come on guys don't you care about your area.It's good that 2 Deleware fishermen responded;but we need more support.Duke of Fluke,Doverpower,Split/Shot,Shark Hunter,and Bill R where are you guys.Is anybody else going to suport this.:rolleyes: .Don't worry we'll have this thing;)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Count me in guys

I think i will try and get my wife to come this time. I know my dad will be up for it. WE will just watch the posts and see what comes down the wire. I support a move 100% if we dont get the expected participation from the locals...........Tight Lines

MC

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yeah I hope this cleanup happens but I am down with moving it if we don't get any DE presence. Well here is the new list:

Happypappy
Hat80
Catman
Shaggy
Fl Fisherman
Joe Mama
Sandcrab
Markedwards
Lakeside
Rugger
MasterCaster

Come on folks come out and support your fellow fisherman and help with the cleanup at IRI on Sunday Oct 5th at 7am. Should be a great time.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
If it be the case that there is little Delaware support, a mostly Maryland support, then a move to another Maryland puplic pier or fishing spot probably would be wise. I'm for spreading the message and helping out, anywhere, nut if the "locals" aren't going to suppoert the effort, let's keep our own backyard clean. There are plenty of spots for the Maryland contingent right here at home.

Come Blue Hens, where are you. October 5, after the tourist leave, and shouldn't be too cold, good food, and maybe even some fish.

1 - 20 of 185 Posts