Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this in regards to Attention ALL P&Sers;Does any body have somthing to say about this?Express yourselfs.:) ;)

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Here's my take: I think there are a lot of illegal immigrants(along with others) doing these things out there and are giving law abiding ones a bad rep. We as fisherman need to police them up or it will be bad news for us in the long run. Keeps happening and ALL fisherman will be labeled as filthy poachers!

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I agree.

·
Registered
680 Posts
i have phone numbers i can call if i see fish being taken illegally. i just call and have the game wardens or park rangers do it for me. they handle it better and it keeps me from getting the worst of it.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Bust em' all!

Hate to see fellow fisherman knowingly break the law....

·
Registered
34 Posts
FL FISHERMAN ,
How did you tell if someone is an illegal immigrant? Did they tell you that they weren't here legally? Did you check their visas and passports.
I don't know you, but I know a lot of people try to judge a book by it's cover or summarize a person by (color, language, dress,religion) and these summarizations genarally are character assasinations, in other words they usually don't have anything good to say about them. That's how fights start.
This is Pier and Surf, not US Cusoms or Immigration and Naturalization so let's Keep the Peace and limit our classification of people out there fishing ... to FISHERMEN .. and then go from there.

SEABASS

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hey seabass I am with you on this. I put illegal immigrants with parenthesis next to it with all others included. The fact is there are illegal immigrants in this country. If you don't believe me watch the news a few days in a row. I live in FL about 4 hours from miami. I have been to miami 3 times in my life and all 3 times the coast guard and ins has been corraling people in their overcrowded boats. If you are foolish enough to think they are not here then I feel sorry for you. I didn't mean to characterize immigrants coming here all illegal. Nor did I say I inspected immigrants to see if they were illegal. I think that is the INS's job. (maybe they don't do it that well but) For you to come out and chastise me when you read it wrong is silly. If you read my rant on the open forum then you would no where I stand on this subject. nuff said.(period!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Lets not forget that this website is about fishing, lets see some fishing reports instead of name calling. BTW, Does anyone fish anymore? :D

·
Registered
823 Posts
bottom lines is that ALL races have their share of slugs that we have to contend with. and statistics do prove that a large majority of persons not born on american soil are illegal. alot more than in the past

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Levity is good........

Last week I went to SPSP and hooked into something real big. I was pumping and reeling, pumping and reeling and the the line just stopped comming. As you guys know (those who fish in or near my spot) there is a snag monster that lives there. Well my sinker must have gotten caught by the monster. Well no fear, I had my heavy meat stick in hand and 30lb fire line joined to about 60 yards of power pro (I'd like to say that this is my over sized shock leader).

Well you know how difficult it is to connect two different sized "wonder lines" And how that little dab of crazy glue does wonders.....

Just when I thought I was getting it free....WHAM!!! the knot gave way. My meat pole 12ft heavy action, slams me square in the forehead!! I am now staggering around on the beach like Tyson just hit me with a haymaker......

Don't forget the crazy glue. And if you put ice on a lump immediately after you get it, it goes away quickly....

I packed all my gear and left......I do recall my son asking me if I was alright though......

MY head, neck, side, and back are feeling better now. In fact I might even be out there tonight! AT SPSP.........:D

·
Registered
597 Posts
I'll be out there tonight Big Rad. I know about the monster. ALthough, I feel really bad when I have a fish on the line and I get snagged and the line breaks because I know there is a fish swimming around attached to a log or rock with my rig and a 5 oz sinker. Hate to see a fish go that way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts