Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed out to get my OSV pass @ AI and enroute realized I didn't have my registration, so no bueno. Still had intent on fishing IRI and debated on just going to Choptank. Well, turned around and headed down the 404 to DE. Arrived @ IRI around 0830 to the crest of the incoming, which was @ 0815 or so. Was quite amazed that there were only a few folks out and only one other person toss'n lures. Started toss'n about 0845 and first fish on after about 5th cast. The next 30 to 45min yielded 3 blues (17-19) and two stripers. The tide slacked for a bit and started to turn. First cast, WHAM!!!! Hit like a mack truck and the fight was on. A few minutes later, with no net, I was bringing in about a 32"+ striper over the rocks. The boaters were checking me out and yelling woo hoo.... I was stoked. Bent down to reach for the the lip of the fish and flip... the bucktail popped right out of it's mouth... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:. It fell just between the rocks and I tried to get it but it was to tricky. I used my rod to guide it out to fight another day. Caught one other fish Sunday and rolled out. Came back out Monday a.m., around the same time to a few more folks toss'n. A lady had caught a short just before I showed up. We fished for a bit until the tide turned. She hooked into a blue about 16" and about 20 minutes later I hooked into a 20". Casted a few more times and lost a few rigs and called it a day. Until the next time IRI.
20200719_222410.jpg
20200720_112558.jpg
20200719_111052.jpg

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Way to go B, my Rastafarian brother. :giggle: Thanks for the report

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aiight M. Hope all is well with you brotha. Heading back out Saturday to fish the inlet as well as go to AI to get my OSV. Hopefully the feeshh will cooperate....

·
Registered
379 Posts
Great work! Some nice fish for dead of summer. What were the blues on, spoons? I'm hoping to catch a few when I'm down this week

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great work! Some nice fish for dead of summer. What were the blues on, spoons? I'm hoping to catch a few when I'm down this week
Caught em all using bucktail.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Caught em all using bucktail.
Thanks huntsman. I've seen them pulled out on those before. I'll sure give it a try! Tides are in my favor the last half of this week with flood tide right around dawn. Hoping for some good fishing!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks huntsman. I've seen them pulled out on those before. I'll sure give it a try! Tides are in my favor the last half of this week with flood tide right around dawn. Hoping for some good fishing!
Sounds like a plan. I'll probably get out again next Monday or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts