Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IRI North Jetty - Fished the jetty from 3-7 AM. Howling wind made your line sing. :eek: Thank goodness for the thermal underwear keeping me warm. No hits - no strikes. Lots of waves breaking over the jetty - good thing I had my Korkers on!

3R's - Stopped over the beach after I got done fishing the jetty area. Couple of trucks on the beach but did not see any fish caught. Lots of big waves.

Cape Henlopen - Stopped by the pier after having breakfast at Sunrise Restaurant in Dewey Beach :). No one fishing.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
What no fish or not mutch to talk about

It was the slowest day I've had in a while at IRI.No keeper Togs not even close. Oh well bigger Stripers are comming in;Watchout I'm comming.Fish fear me.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: What no fish or not mutch to talk about

HaPPyPapPy832443 said:
...Fish fear me.
The correct quote is: "Women want me, Men hate me, Fish fear me!" ;)

Did not see any keepers caught at all. Howling wind. Wear those thermal's! ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
IRI...Saturday night 8:30 - 11:00 flung eels by the handicapped fishing section. Nada, althought there were a lot of baitfish jumping below me.

3Rs during Saturday morning...saw one stargazer caught, that was it.

·
Registered
680 Posts
the weekend was a bad one the high winds, rain, led to bad surf. during week some fair amts. of fish were taken. the jumping were probaly small bunker[menhaden] to some. if they were jumping, it wasn't for excerise. the rock and blues were probably taking shots at them.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Full moon too...

That did not help the high tide situation either...

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Dirty Water

Surf looked really dirty..decided not to try..played some games on the boardwalk with my kids..lunch at arena's..rockfish(from fri) for dinner..tried some freshwater crappie fishing Sunday only lasted an hour..Sandcrab..you da man for braving the first real cold night at the shore:cool:

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MD and DE Largest Fish..

Betting my dollars that it will come from AI, IRI, or the DE surf. ;) Got to keep the pressure up on Shaggy as I got a feeling he is due for a big one. You know the drill - gotta put in the time and "pay your dues" to the surf and Shaggy has done that...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts