Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tossing out an invite. Hitting dam neck Sat morning and I plan on being there around 0500 if not a little earlier. Gonna roll the dice and gamble for one last hoorah. Come on out if you're interested!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The gamble did not pay off at all! Maybe all the fish got COVID and were quarantined elsewhere, haha. Had lines in the water around 515 till about 800. The surf was super choppy and it was a bit windy. Got a solid bite as soon as I put lines it but no hookup. Went out with some very fresh shrimp, frozen mullet, and sandflea fishbites. For a brief moment, there was a spark of hope when a dolphin pushed through. Watched it aggressively chase after something so I decided to throw a spoon and no luck with that either. Water was dirty and some grass around. Talked to a couple of others that were out there and one caught a small flounder and the other caught a small bluefish. All gear is washed and soon I'll start the deep cleaning of all the reels. Tight lines and see ya'll next year.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was out there about the same time in front of the radio towers with only 3 hand size black drum - think it is time to hit Buckroe or James River Piers a time or two before the end of the year - Look forward to the next surf season

1 - 7 of 7 Posts