Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, I've been reading this site and just decided to join in. Been living in this area for the last 40 years and didn't know there was this much interest in pier, surf & bank fishing. I'd like to get more involved. I don't have a boat; but, if anybody needs a partner to go to the Hot Ditch, I'm available.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Welcome Advisor. If ya want to catch some stripers come on out to Chick's this evening. It has been steady out there for the over a week now.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Shoeless. I assume you're talking about Chicks Beach. Doubt that I'll get there tonight. Can ya give me more info re: where to park, what do I need, what kind of baits, clothing, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you go late enough at night I have parked in the lot at Alexanders On The Bay Restaurant with no problem. Though I'm not sure what time they close.

·
Registered
862 Posts
If Alexanders is closed you can park in the last block before the restraunt. Just go to the water turn around and park on the right next to the fence. Still a nice hike to the bridge . . . If you have a buddy you can explore other places to cut through. You used to be able to go between the houses and the bridge. In that case you drop your gear and go back an park. But hey it is C&R time all you need is your rod, waders and a pocket full of lures.

These guys should be able to tell you which ones are a waste of time and which ones are the ones to buy.

Tom

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yup, talking about Chick's Beach. You can park on Lauderdale and walk under the bridge. Go down Pleasure House, left on Lookout, right on Beaufort, then first right and park on the right as far down as you can. You will need chest waders with warm layers underneath. I wore 2 pairs of longjohns, a turtleneck and hooded sweatshirt last night and was pretty warm. Rattle traps, mirrolures and storm wild eye shads are all very productive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts