Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed at the bottom of the home page a few of my buds were online. Sure would be nice to be able to IM them from here. Might be something to look into for future upgrades.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Well you can add them to your buddy list like I did but I agree IM would be a pretty cool edition to site. Heck would cut down on some of my posts.:eek: :p

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Pardon the geek-speak:
vBulletin has released the beta version 3.0 (latest version is 2.3.2). Some user groups are installing it on their sites. Version 3.0 does not have 'chat' features. There is talk on the vbulletin user boards of adding chat to 3.1.

Since this software is open source, features such as chat can be developed on any vBulletin site. So if you know a good PERL developer and some time on his/her hands, contact Sand Flea.
However, this may add to bandwdth, not much, but still can add up. Depending on the ISP that SF has, he gets a limit per month, then incremental charges start to add up (similar to cell phone usage per month).

So like FL Fisherman suggested, if you want to chat or IM one of your fishin buddies, just add them to your current chat list. In the user profiles, you can add your ICQ, AOL and Yahoo names.

Man, I'm a geek! :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
chest2head&glassy, I keep forgetting you're a programmer.

Uh, yeah, what he said. :eek:

It's a hack I may add down the line, but not until I've moved servers, upgraded to 3.x VB, and added some other stuff first.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I agree I look forward to your post FLFISHERMAN

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Thank you! And I too look forward to fishing with each and everyone of you some time soon!:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts