Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to pick you guys brains on inshore rods for jigging, plugs...etc..
I have a Fenwick 7" inshore and what do you guys prefer? :fishing:

·
Registered
846 Posts
i would have to say the lamiglas inshores are top pick but runner up would be my ol st criox's are perfect for light inshore such as grubs and mirrolure and stuff but i like the lamiglas triflex rods for any thing heavy (bait fishing) or you could just go get a few custom rods which are always better:D

·
Registered
495 Posts
- 7' M action shakespear rod (abu garcia cardinal C3R w/ 20lb PP):
idk what the rod is, but walmart has carried it for years. its 12.99. dont laugh... its caught a LOT of fish and throws the lures i need very well. its nice to have a cheap rod to crawl around on the jetties with and suck and not be affraid of tearing it up. though i am wanting to replace it with a 7'6" M action BPS extreme.

- 7'10" XH BPS extreme series (abu garcia 6501C3 w/ 15lb BBG)
SICK rod. rated at 1/2-3oz. ive thrown 5 with it, and didnt have a problem. its got a LOT of backbone but still a soft enough tip to throw lighter lures and such. this is my plugging/metal rod. CONTEMPLATING a 5501C3 for this rod, but i think ill do some work to the 6501 first and see what happens. great yak rod too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.