Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I though this would be a great idea for all the individual fisherman to get together n save some money and possibly make new friends and break old stereotypes. For now I wanted to ask anyone who is interested where we could do group meetups. Locations should be easily accessible, so near major roads would be a plus. Also for those who enjoy night fishing the meeting spot should be well lit and allow loitering to some degree so the cops don't hassle us when they see a bunch of people loafing around in a parking lot at night. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Great idea! fun way to meet some new friends that actually fish! im in agreement with catman. late evening/night fishing. economical for fuel as well.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's okay I prefer point lookout anyways. We can fish the light house on the bay side. If you can cast far enough you can have action all night.

·
Registered
830 Posts
20 + years ago before there was a pier, I fished plo pretty regular. I would love to join you guys if its alright. Have not been to plo for least 20 years, but have some great memories of the big chopper blues blitzing there. There used to be a rock jetty with concreate on top that I fised off. I am sure it has changed but I would love to fish it onr more time.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This weekend the weather is supposed to be spotty. I don't mind the rain but lightening is a little different. Especially if your holding a nice 10'+ rod with a metal guide tip at the top. Saturday night works after 11pm works for me or Sunday afternoon into the evening.

·
Registered
420 Posts
ok sounds like we need to know where folks are so we can determine localized spots to meet/ pick up. when and where you guys would like to fish? im in laurel off I-95 If going to the choptank the mcdonalds or wendys by anglers before the bridge is safe and well lit.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok sounds like we need to know where folks are so we can determine localized spots to meet/ pick up. when and where you guys would like to fish? im in laurel off I-95 If going to the choptank the mcdonalds or wendys by anglers before the bridge is safe and well lit.
I was thinking college park area. Since both locations are accessible off 495 one after the other.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
where can you leave your car parked over night at cp?
Good point, any suggestions where everyone doesn't have to drive far but is easily accessible and in general route towards both the tank and PLO? Costco, next to wegmans off 202?

1 - 20 of 108 Posts