Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all. My wife and I are in Baltimore this weekend for the Garth and Trisha show and was hoping someone local could recommend a good restaurant in Inner Harbor. Or at least one to stay away from ha. Thanks.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fresh local seafood but we're not picky. We would like to go to a local joint though. Never really been fond of the corporate chains.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
if it's with the wife try Roy's Hawaiian fusion. Little pricey but the food is good. The rusty scupper is a good place as well. Not as refined like Roy's but good none the less. Phillips seafood is an institution in Md. Can never go wrong with Phillips. If you get a chance check out light street market or anywhere in federal hill. Everything is within walking distance.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
if it's with the wife try Roy's Hawaiian fusion. Little pricey but the food is good. The rusty scupper is a good place as well. Not as refined like Roy's but good none the less. Phillips seafood is an institution in Md. Can never go wrong with Phillips. If you get a chance check out light street market or anywhere in federal hill. Everything is within walking distance.
I won't go to Phillips again, last time everything was obviously prior frozen and not very good for as pricy as it is.

I went to Captain James's Seafood Palace in Federal Hill this week which was decent. ($80 for 2 with an app and dessert). Their crabcakes had very little filling and the crab imperial was pretty banging.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I heard Phillips use crab meat from outside of the USA. Is that true? We never liked Phillips in Ocean City either.

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
I heard Phillips use crab meat from outside of the USA. Is that true? We never liked Phillips in Ocean City either.
Absolutely true. Their crab meat is from Asia and sucks. I'd never eat there even if it was for free. I feel the same way avout Captain James Landing. You can't go wrong with Little Italy.

·
Registered
888 Posts
If price isn't a hindrance then Fleming's on Aliceanna and President Streets is awesome. For poor folks like me it is one of those "once in a lifetime" places, like when I got an 18% raise one time at work and treated my wife and in-laws to Ruth Chris. Ah, the good old days.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Not inner harbor but for awesome Italian at a decent price...Di Pasquales Italian Market and Deli. The Capital Grille is a great inner harbor place also. Not been to either one but heard Miss Shirley's and Thames Oyster house are both real good.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The scupper is a tourist trap and I have never cared for the fare. If you looking for a nice steak joint I would go with Capital Grill or flemings over Ruth's Chris hands down. Philips took a wrong turn 20+ years ago and never got back on the right track. They were once the gold standard in OC but times change.

The recommendation for Little Italy is as valid as any. Everyone has there favorite but for me it comes down to the Bookmaker salad at Sabatino's or Mama Chiapparelli's Ravioli at Chiapperallis'. Both are on High Street and you cannot go wrong with either.

Roy's is OK in my book and while I have had good food there its generally too dark in the joint for my taste. If you are on the east side of the harbor and you want to make it special for the wife then my favorite recommendation is to book reservations at "The Charleston" though it may be booked solid.

I work in the City and these are the spots I prefer for Clients.

If you want I can scale back from there. The Little Italy Recommendation is affordable and the food is always good. Miss Shirleys for Breakfast is worth it (get the monkeybread)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse. all you can eat meat
Best salad bar in town to boot. BUT unless your wife likes to watch you stuff your face for 2 hours and flag down the Gaucho one last time for 10oz more of sirloin in lieu of desert then it's probably not the best couples recommendation. I love the place but I pay for it the next day.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts