Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:fishing:
Hey just curious to know if there is a fishing pier and what does it take it to fish there. What is biting this time of year>>? Is there any place to castnet for livebait? New to the area and any information would be greatly appreciated. look forward to your in put.

Fishinpops

·
Registered
188 Posts
Right next to the Pier is the Cafe the Pier, great food and reasonable price, going south from pier approx 2 mile on right is Martins, Great Prime Rib .
Right at I-95 and 100 is strip mall with couple cafes real good chinese (4 Season)?? Never fished the Pier but spent lot of weeks over the years near Flagler for Bike week. Very Crowded this week.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Right next to the Pier is the Cafe the Pier, great food and reasonable price, going south from pier approx 2 mile on right is Martins, Great Prime Rib .
Right at I-95 and 100 is strip mall with couple cafes real good chinese (4 Season)?? Never fished the Pier but spent lot of weeks over the years near Flagler for Bike week. Very Crowded this week.
I can DEFINITELY attest to the quality of the prime rib at Martins! I usually order the "King Cut" and believe me, they bring you half a cow. The prime rib itself takes up the whole plate, so the sides have to be put on seperate plates. It's also the best prime rib I have ever had...anywhere! Be prepared to lug a doggie bag home.

The pier itself is really good. They allow two rods but you can take out more for an extra charge. Flagler's beaches are also good for surf fishing and there are small parking areas scattered up and down A1A for access. Right now, off the pier, they've been catching Reds, flounder, whiting and black drum with an occasional Kingfish. The mullet run is on here now, so it's been pretty good.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gee Kooler. I thought thats what this site was about. Fisherman Passing information and leaving reports. And yes Google is a wonderful thang but not run by fisherman.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey , thanks for your input. Much appreciated. Yesterday we went and checked out Crystal River Pier before my sons football game. Plan on going there tomorrow. Any info that, maybe bait holes , and would it pay to run a king rig.. Thanx

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hell i live in Crystal River and very seldom do i hear any thing on fishing from the Pier, very tidal there and shallow to begin with, how ever not to say cant catch anything and one never knows what is swimming by, doubtful on King, trout/Red /jack/catfish, Enjoy trip

·
Registered
884 Posts
Prime Rib!!!

I can DEFINITELY attest to the quality of the prime rib at Martins! I usually order the "King Cut" and believe me, they bring you half a cow. The prime rib itself takes up the whole plate, so the sides have to be put on seperate plates. It's also the best prime rib I have ever had...anywhere! Be prepared to lug a doggie bag home.

The pier itself is really good. They allow two rods but you can take out more for an extra charge. Flagler's beaches are also good for surf fishing and there are small parking areas scattered up and down A1A for access. Right now, off the pier, they've been catching Reds, flounder, whiting and black drum with an occasional Kingfish. The mullet run is on here now, so it's been pretty good.
Hey Larry how's that bate runner holing up?.....
If your a Prime Rib guy like myself Barnacles on A1A near Belair is an Excelent choice as well! :beer:

·
Registered
188 Posts

Forgot to mention, Martins is Very Casual, Dont make reservations as never get to you on time any way, No sign, just look for place with lot of cars and bikes, no paved parking lot so watch mud puddles, Talked with owner one year during Bike week said he gets Two/Three deliveries during time frame of 80 cases at 40 lbs each, Oh also forgot the Baked Tater is about size of Grapefruit Spts Racer and I kid you not on this place, lot of fun at Bar also, if you can get to it , Get End Cut King Size and I know you wont eat all of it, get couple rolls and doggie bag and great sandwich at lunch next day . Damm if I dont think i will drive over next week only 125 mile one way but worth the trip Al

1 - 11 of 11 Posts