Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a 98 QX4 in my driveway that I am thinking of buying. Nice size and very clean with 93K miles. It seems like it will be a comfortable drive to the beach but Does anyone have any experience with this car or its cousin, Nissan Pathfinder, driving on the beach? My 98 Chev truck is not 4X4 so I will be selling it, if I decide that the Qx4 is the one. Thanks...

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'm sure you'll be fine. 90% is the driver. A few simple rules

1. If you get slow down and get stuck. Stop, and put it in reverse. This has worked for me 100% of the time.

2. If you start slipping, stop! Either backup or let air out if you haven't already done so. Then back up a few feet and roll out.

Its that easy, I see outbacks on hatteras Isl. all the time. I have also seen f-250's with 39's on it stuck to the axles, go figure. Guess he didn't stop and back up.

Buy it you like it, then just don't drive like a touron and you'll do just fine. Besides a 1998 with under a 100K? Your probably getting a sweet price on it. I don't know how comfortable it will be on the beach, but what vehicle is?

Ben

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.